What is GDPR?
These improvements are part of Nunchee`s ongoing commitment to provide transparency and safeguard your privacy. They include new requirements around how we process EU personal data.
Here’s a brief overview of the changes:
- Transparency: We have added increased transparency around the collection and use of data. All information that we collect is shown in the user profile view.
- More Control: We have provided information around how you control your data.
- Privacy Rights: We have added instructions around how you can exercise your privacy rights.
- Deletion and Retention: We have clarified some of our practices around data deletion and retention. All data deletion can be made anytime, through our Customer Support.
- 3rd parties use of information: We do not share any information with 3rd parties, unless is authorized by the user.
How does GDPR affect Nunchee customers?
We suggest reading up about GDPR and consulting with your own legal team to determine whether you are impacted by GDPR. If you are based in the EU, conduct business in the EU, or have viewers based in the EU, there is a chance you may be affected by GDPR acting as a controller.
How is Nunchee affected by GDPR?
Under GDPR, Nunchee is considered a processor, meaning we process data on behalf of Nunchee’s customers, classified as controllers. This means that during the time you use Nunchee’s services, you retain ownership and control over data in your account. That said, Nunchee is working to ensure that as a processor, our data processing approach is in compliance with GDPR.
What is Nunchee doing to comply with GDPR regulations?
As a processor, we provide compliance with high security standards, such as encryption of data in motion, mitigating risk from 3rd paties attacks, and by providing a team that’s available to our customers for support related issues, through our communications channels (https://smartboxtvsupport.freshdesk.com)
We know GDPR preparedness is important for our customers (controllers), so we are taking strides to make it easier to partner with Nunchee as a processor. In the next weeks we will make changes in our UI device templates in order to ensure with GDPR regulations.